Re: ORBit2 and DSI

Hi Robert,

On Thu, 2003-10-09 at 01:54, rm wrote:
> am i understanding correctly that the async handler will be invoked
> via a new call like 'ORBit_small_invoke_async_adaptor' which will just
> create the ServerRequest object, call a function to inform the async
> servant, and then return?

	Yes - that would be the approach that interests me.

> 	       * the caller must provide any values for out args
> 	       * before returning (inout argument values may be changed)
> 	       */
> 	      void		 arguments(inout NVList nv);

	This I guess is the problem; that the spec. says we must fill out inout
argument_values, before return; so we can't hang around and send the
reply much later in some more cunning way and be compliant, which is a
shame.

	Hmm,

 michael@ximian.com  <><, Pseudo Engineer, itinerant idiot