Re: ORBit2 and DSI

Hi Rob,

On Sun, 2003-10-05 at 01:21, rm wrote:
> 	i'm playing around with handling corba requests in a C server
> without generating skeletons. the way outlined in the standard docs
> (chapter 8 of the corba spec and 1.27 of the C mapping) do not appear
> to be directly supported.

	Right ;-) although - it would be nice if they were - I think it
shouldn't be _that_ difficult to move towards supporting them (with the
imodule stuff etc.).

> 	so several questions:
> 	1. am i missing an easier way of doing this?

	Nope.

> 	2. is there anything helpful in libIDL i should look at for
> 		building TC structures procedurally

	Oh; I think there is some stuff in corba-orb.c for that;
CORBA_ORB_create_union_tc etc. etc.

> 	3. any general comments on supporting DSI or the example below?
> 		(it seems like it will be fairly trivial to
> 		 build the ServerRequest object)

	It'd be great if you could come up with a compliant DSI implementation,
that'd really rock. The asynchronous reply functionality would be by far
the most useful facility though - I think; I can see an immediate
usefulness for it in nautilus and a11y for improving performance.

	What are you planning to do ? and/or do you have a Gnome CVS account ?

 michael@ximian.com  <><, Pseudo Engineer, itinerant idiot