Re: Re: Cross-Compiled ORBit2 has Errors in Glib

Hi Larry,

On Fri, 2003-11-14 at 05:05, lgust@verizon.net wrote:
> Thank you for your suggestions. I appreciate the help I have received from the
> members of the orbit-list email. While investigating this problem, our team
> discovered that the gcc cross-compiler we are using needed an additional
> compilation flag: -mbig-endian.

	:-) Great.

> After I built all the shared libraries and compiled the echo program with the
> -mbig-endian flag, the echo program ran on our target ARM processor. I don't
> understand how the original version of the echo program started when I didn't
> have the big/little-endian property set correctly.

	Heh :-) will miracles never cease.

> I plan to document the hacking I had to do to cross compile ORBit2 and its
> dependent packages. If some engineer has to cross compile ORBit2 to run on
> the ARM processor in the future, I would like to save them weeks of hacking.
> Would zipping up a description document and the patch files I created and
> submitting the zipped file as an attachment to this email list be a good
> way of archiving this information?

	Frank maintains a nice web-site about ORBit2 at:

	http://www.gnome.org/projects/ORBit2/

	It might be good to put any large chunks of documentation there; if
there are a series of crucial tips / useful bits for cross-compiling
it'd be great to have them in a text file in the docs/ directory in
ORBit2 CVS so we can distribute them with every version.

	Glad you got it working nicely,

	Thanks,

 michael@ximian.com  <><, Pseudo Engineer, itinerant idiot