Re: Re: Cross-Compiled ORBit2 has Errors in Glib

Hi Michael,

Thank you for your suggestions. I appreciate the help I have received from the members of the orbit-list email. While investigating this problem, our team discovered that the gcc cross-compiler we are using needed an additional compilation flag: -mbig-endian.

After I built all the shared libraries and compiled the echo program with the -mbig-endian flag, the echo program ran on our target ARM processor. I don't understand how the original version of the echo program started when I didn't have the big/little-endian property set correctly.

I plan to document the hacking I had to do to cross compile ORBit2 and its dependent packages. If some engineer has to cross compile ORBit2 to run on the ARM processor in the future, I would like to save them weeks of hacking. Would zipping up a description document and the patch files I created and submitting the zipped file as an attachment to this email list be a good way of archiving this information?

Regards,
Larry S. Gustafson