IDL->C mapping question

Hi,

I'm writing ORBit2 bindings for the programming language Objective
Caml and while testing things a bit, I noticed that the
CORBA::ORB::get_service_information operation returns a NULL pointer
for an out value of type struct.

The IDL definition is :

    boolean get_service_information (
      in ServiceType service_type,
      out ServiceInformation service_information);

(ServiceInformation is a struct containing two sequences.)

Now, the C mapping spec from OMG basically says that implementations
are not supposed to return NULL for struct, union or sequences as out
values. But the C mapping spec I have is dated August 1997, so maybe
it changed on this issue ?

So, is this a bug in the (non) implementation or
get_service_information or should I expect object implementation to
return NULL values sometimes ?

[ The problem for me is there is no "null" values in OCaml, so I would
have to change the IDL->OCaml mapping I'm using if I want to support
NULL struct. ]

--
   Olivier