Re: Threading Support in ORBit2

Hi Chris,

On Tue, 2003-05-06 at 02:27, Chris McGee wrote:
> I'm trying to make an ORBit2 (v2.6) client
> interoperate with an OMNIOrb server.

	Ok; that's going to be doomed to failure; there are a load of fixes in
HEAD linc/ORBit2 to make that work nicely though - just another set of
small edges we needed to polish to conform more closely to the spec.

>  Basically, the messages get dispatched in the following way:
>
> (client) ----> (server)
>
> So, basically, in the middle of a single method
> invokation on a CORBA object from the client on the
> server, there is a call on a CORBA object from the
> server on the client.

	We handle this case re-enterantly; so there is no need for threads;
ORBit2 HEAD however has far better threading support.