Re: Another interoperability problem of ORBit2

Hi Anders,

On Thu, 2003-03-13 at 17:09, Anders Selander wrote:
> In http://www.pdc.kth.se/~selander/orbit_example/ a small toy example
> of ORBit resides, intended for a introductory tutorial on CORBA.

	Great work - I'll go over this in a minute to try and replicate / fix
the issue.

>     ** ERROR **: file orbit-object.c: line 146 (do_unref): assertion failed:
>     (robj->refs < ORBIT_REFCOUNT_MAX && robj->refs > 0)
>     aborting...
>     Aborted

	That's really nasty ;-(

> Even if CORBA::ORBit and ORBit2 has issues (theu shouldn't), an ORBit2
> client and an ORBit2 server should talk without errors, shouldn't they?

	Yes - of course.

> If one tries to connect the Perl client to the C server, it just hangs.
> Eh, no, actually it does not hang - it only takes four minutes for it
> to return! And without error:

	That's very odd; it's possible a linc bug though; what version of linc
are you using ? you really need linc-1.0.1 and ORBit2-2.6.0 IMHO.

> Is some timeout lurking in the shadows?

	There are no timeouts in ORBit, so it's hard to say; unless of course
there is some nasty DNS lookup happening somewhere. Can you ping
`hostname` ?

> As for enabling ORBit2 debugging - it should be enough with
> ./configure --enable-debug=yes ; make ; make install, and
> export ORBIT2_DEBUG=traces, right? I do not seem to get any debug
> print-outs...

	You want to make clean ; make I think; but check that
ORBit2/config.status has '-DG_ENABLE_DEBUG' in ORBIT_DEBUG_CFLAGS. Also
you might want ORBIT2_DEBUG=giop:traces for a more detailed debugging
experience.

	Thanks for the report,