Re: Problem Shutting Down the ORB

Hi Craig,

On Thu, 2003-03-06 at 01:47, Craig Wright wrote:
> Yeah... I'm using Qt with ORBit2. Are you amused? :)

	Amused / pleased yes :-) good on you. I'd like to make it work nicely
for you.

	Looking at the output of your 'make check' in ORBit2 I see:

[snip]
	Local server test passed

Initial References:
        POACurrent ... okay
        RootPOA ... okay
Protocol       dr: disabled
Protocol  oy_addr: disabled
Protocol destroy_addr: disabled
Protocol ocol_destroy_addr: disabled

** ERROR **: file client.c: line 1882 (dump_protos): assertion failed:
(enabled_count > 0)
[snip]

	There is something _Very_ seriously wrong here. Either massive memory
corruption, or some brokenness in 'linc', hard to say.

	You seem to be dumping the contents of some symbol table instead of the
linc internal protocol list :-) not optimal.

	Does make check in 'linc' pass ? it might be worth adding a -lefence to
client.c's link, and running it in gdb to see if we can catch the memory
corruption and/or valgrinding it.

	So - I'm guessing this is some optimisation / compilation / system
wierdness at your end. Or your system is revealing some curious bug that
we don't see for odd reasons here.

	Either way - most interesting.