Re: Problem with corba-orbit using localhost (I worked around it)

On Tue, 2003-03-04 at 19:16, Elizabeth Barham wrote:
>    What does the command 'hostname' produce on the server? Perhaps
> orbit is using that is its reference point and it is resolving to the
> lo interface?

	Quite - if the result of 'hostname' is not a publicly routable IP
address - then you are going to have more problems than just CORBA not
working IMHO.

	OTOH - we could introduce a check for this when we start the ORB - it's
pretty easy to do; and just dump a warning out [if you have debugging
enabled], patches accepted.