Re: Problem with corba-orbit using localhost (I worked around it)

Hi,

On Tue, Mar 04, 2003 at 12:51:17PM -0500, Code11Smith007@aol.com wrote:
> The ior is created on the server machine and the client machine is mounted on
> the server so, I thought the server address would be in the ior but it looks
> like the lo interface is referenced in the ior because I had to change the
> localhost address on the server to get the server to listen on the eth0
> address. The client and server are in the same directory because I mount from
> the client machine to the directory where the corba server is located. Could
> I have done something else to get the server to listen on eth0? I don't like
> the Corba setup I have but it's working.

I'm not sure this is still relevant, but I seem to recall that in the
past I had to to put the entry for the host's external interface in
/etc/hosts above the entry for localhost.  The server seemed to pick
the first suitable entry from that file.

Regards,

Mark.