Re: string problem solved

Hi Peter,

On Fri, 2003-06-20 at 14:36, Peter Van Osta wrote:
> It seems that I have a lot of trouble to get rid of "C" habbits.
> Declaring strings for CORBA isn't done wiht "char aaa[123]", but with
> "string aaa". Afterwards allocating and "string"duping" the strings does
> the trick.

	Right; so what CORBA will do for such a fixed length, fixed size array
is:

	typedef char[128] foo;

	Then it will use pass by value semantics everywhere for foo - which is
unlikely to be what you want (at all ;-). Using a string is far better.

	HTH,

 michael@ximian.com  <><, Pseudo Engineer, itinerant idiot