Re: IDL->C mapping question

Hi Olivier,

On Wed, 2003-05-28 at 16:22, Olivier Andrieu wrote:
> I'm writing ORBit2 bindings for the programming language Objective
> Caml

	That's great news :-) have you seen James H's python bindings ? I think
that's the recommended code base to work from; he is using the in-proc
ABI bridge - which will allow the binding to be auto-generated [ if
you're a non-strongly-typed / late-binding language ]. It also has the
nice advantage of allowing cross-language method invocations within a
couple of stack-frames in-process; so Caml->Python C->Caml etc. all
become very efficient.

	The bug you point out is a bug, and I guess we should fix it so it
doesn't return NULL - patches most welcome; - I guess though that the
API isn't going to return too many interesting results though.

	HTH,

 michael@ximian.com  <><, Pseudo Engineer, itinerant idiot