newbie to CORBA in C: delegation question

Hello all,

I'm pretty new to CORBA, so I appreciate any tips
about terminology and idioms ;)

I've got a small library I need to expose with CORBA.
I have tried to follow the delegation model, writing
the library with no CORBA code, then writing a layer
to expose it via CORBA.

However, it has made it difficult to write the servants
of interfaces whose underlying (i.e. library; non-CORBA)
data types which have pointers to structs of the other's types.
I imagine this happens all the time...

>From within one skeleton implementation, what is the
accepted way to access the implementation of a different
skeleton implementation?

For example, an operation "open" on interface Bus discovers,
creates, and maintains multiple intances of interface Device.
The servant implementation of Bus needs to create a Device,
but further more, it needs to access the underlying private
data type in the impl_POA_Device struct.

What is the correct way to do this in the C binding?
Is it kosher to add a parameter to a __create function
in the -skelimpl.c ?

Thanks for any pointers,
Dave