Re: compiling ORBit on Tru64

Gnanasekaran Thoppae wrote:

> Is ORBit2 a newer version of ORBit? I'm getting lost in the docs at
> http://orbit-resource.sourceforge.net/. Nowhere it explains what is what.
> The same applies to http://www.labs.redhat.com/orbit/. The latter seems
> to be quite outdated with many broken links. :(

The RedHat labs page is pretty much dead, and the sourceforge one is a
bit of a mess.

> Anyway, should I stick with ORBit2-2.5.1? Where can I find list of
> dependecies? The ORBit2-2.5.1/README is quite sparse on information. I see
> configure complaining about missing package called linc ... some more?

ORBit2 is the version under active development. It requires pkgconfig,
glib, linc and libIDL, all avaliable on the GNOME FTP server. I haven't
built ORBit2 under Tru64, but considering the widespread useof GNOME
packages on different architectures it shouldn't be too much of an
issue.

Chris
--
chris.wareham@iosystems.co.uk (work)