Re: Client and server in the same process

Hi Michael,

On Wed,  5 Feb 2003 23:32, you wrote:
> Hi Lars,
>
> On Mon, 2003-02-03 at 08:56, Lars Petersson wrote:
> > This question appeared a few months ago on this list, but that did not
> > really help me. Has anyone written some example code to do this? I'm
> > sorry if I've overlooked some obvious place to find this...
>
> 	The question is: what is the problem ? if you look at any Gnome CORBA
> applications, they all implement servers and clients in the same process
> - since getting async callbacks is not possible otherwise.

The problem, as I see it, would be that since there can only be one thread
taking care of incoming and outgoing messages, it is not obvious how
to create an application where the server and client part will not interfer.
I guess much of this problem is the same as in my other question "How to
make a responsive server?".

Also, at this stage my knowledge about Orbit2 is too small to dig into a
big Gnome application to find the answers. I think a configuration with
a server and a client in the same process is such a common problem that
there should be a small test example in the distribution of Orbit2. I may be
able to hack something together myself, but surely someone else already
thought of a *good way* to solve this problem.

> 	Why should it be particularly difficult ? [ I'd recommend using
> libbonobo to construct your CORBA objects as well incidentally ].

What does linbonobo do?

/Lars