Starting to see the light and IOR through webservers

Hi,

Thanks again to you all, form what I read about transferring images I
will use "cross-over" client/servers, where the server can send iamge
data to the "client" by a small server running inside the client that
accepts the images "pushed" from the server during a process.

An idea came up while thinking about the availability of the IOR in a
network. When running servers and clients on different machines in a
network, the servers could send their IOR string to a webserver (e.g.
Apache), running a small database (e.g. MySQL) where the IOR strings
could be stored. A client could ask the webserver for an IOR and
connect.

I intend to run a pool of automated microscopy severs, each with a
machine attached to it (microscope reader, robot arm, ...). Beside the
machines other servers will be available to do large volume analysis.
Providing a central webserver where the IORs are registered would
facilitate the managment of this ORBit server pool. Is this feasible or
is there a better alternative for this ?

By the way our robot arm is being controlled through an ORBit link to
the main software and works fine (not all worries and trouble coming
from here ;-) ). We even automated a Phytron stepper motor by using
ORbit.

Best regards,

Peter Van Osta

Union Biometrica N.V./S.A.