Re: inout argument types

Hi Peter,

On Mon, 2003-04-28 at 14:40, Peter Van Osta wrote:
> I get the impression that using "inout" arguments to transfer
> objects/structures is an awkward way to do in CORBA/ORBit. Has anyone
> ever done this and succeeded ? How to use them nad don't crash the
> client and/or server.

	You are simply mis-using the CORBA binding; this causes the crashes. If
you will take the time to examine (as requested)
test/everything/client.c - eg. (testUnboundedSequence), you can see
plenty of regression tests that pass fine, in compliance with the spec.

> Doesn't GIMP use this aproach to transfer images ?

	No; the GIMP uses a shared memory approach (I believe); of course, that
only works in a single machine.

	HTH,