Re: conflict with readfile function in orbit ?

Peter Van Osta wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I am integrating ORBit into our image processing software for automated
>microscopy. Today I was implementing the server side of a function which
>reads images from the file system into a buffer and transfers the result
>to the client. On the server side I use our function "readfile" to read
>the image-file into memory.
>
>If I make a small stand-alone program everything works fine, but when I
>integrate ORBit into the code, I get a core dump when attempting to read
>an image file. Is there a conflict in function names somewhere ? It
>seems enough to include all the ORBit libraries to cause the crash.

Sounds strange, but if there would be a nameclash, the linker should
tell you ;)

Please, attach the output of your build process.
What release  of ORBit2 are you using.
Are you using pre-compiled binaries of ORBit2?
What platform are you using?

I observed the same effect once with some third party code that had been
compiled with -O3 option (highly optimized).  If this is the case,
compile the image-library again using -O2 option for gcc and try again.

Cheers, Frank