Re: Does CVS gconf have known problems?

Hi Mark,

On Mon, 2003-04-07 at 05:21, Mark McLoughlin wrote:
> 	Okay, so it seems to just be yet another manifestation of lurking
> problems with ORBit2's build ... Michael added a field to an internal
> structure and it seems some parts of ORBit2 weren't getting rebuilt to
> take into account that change. I was seeing this:

	This is in fact an autotools uber-brokenness; James is it possible to
make jhbuild do a 'make clean' in ORBit2 before building it each time if
anything was updated ?

	Ultimately, it transpires that the makedepend dependencies are not used
at all for anything that includes several .h files in a _SOURCES line -
which is most of ORBit2.

	I used to be suprised by such mind-numbing autotools brokenness,