Re: glib / CORBA integration examples ...

> On Tue, 2002-09-17 at 16:34, Dan Kegel wrote:
>
> > I can tell you my reason: conversion.
>
> > To use Corba properly, one must convert between one's own data
> > structures and Corba's on every
>
> > Sure, it's not portable at the api level, but it would be at the
> > protocol level.

CORBA has no way of explicitly representing things like hash tables and
linked lists in the protocol. You can add as many hacks as you like to the
language bindings, but conversion is _always_ going to be a requirement
because it's impossible for the CORBA language bindings to handle every
possible permutation of C data structures given existing constraints.

What you are really wanting is C-specific middleware, which will lose all
the language-independant benefits that CORBA gives.

And that is today's Tradeoff Trivia, ;)
-- Elliot
"Do not trust the horse, Trojans! Whatever it is, I fear the Greeks, even
though they bring gifts."