Re: beginner begs for help

David Wright wrote:
> Help! I am desperately trying to learn to use the ORBit implementation
> of CORBA and getting nowhere fast.
>
> Can somone please help me get on my feet? I just need a "hello world"
> client/server with a makefile (or explicit instructions on how to
> compile) for my platform.
>
> I would most like to use pure ORBit, without with additonal
> complications of gnome and bonobo.

I have two ORBit examples, complete with Makefiles which I could
e-mail you. They were culled from the tutorial you mentioned IIRC,
but I had to extensively rewrite them as they were broken. They
have proved to be good starting points for several full scale
CORBA applications that I have written.

Contact me off list, and I will forward the tarball to you (even
though it's only 6Kb, I didn't want to send it to the list).

Chris

--
chris.wareham@iosystems.co.uk (work)
cwareham@btinternet.com (home)