Re: ORBit 0.5.15 any problem?

Hi Dave,

On Thu, 2002-05-23 at 16:51, dahaverk@rockwellcollins.com wrote:
> I haven't tracked this down completely but it appears right now that
> ORBit0.5.15 may have a problem with the "any" marshalling.   I have a
> struct with a double in it and a short that the short gets corrupted
> somehow.  I don't know yet if this is a problem in the IDL generation or in
> the ORB Any handling.  Was there a fix that ORBit2 has that didn't get
> migrated to ORBit?   ORBit2 ran fine with the same IDL.

	As far as I'm aware there is no known problem with ORBit1 in that way;
but the trick is to add a test to ORBit1/test/everything so we can
reliably reproduce it, then it'll get fixed :-) should be fairly trivial
for you. Are you using some strange architecture possibly ?

> Also, with ORBit this problem seems to show up in the NameServer (I think
> it uses Any's but I haven't had a chance to look closely)...  E.g.  Create
> a naming context, then list the contents of the context.

	Odd indeed; we really need a test case for the bug though.