Re: linc & ORBit2 ABI / API stable releases ....

On Fri, 2002-05-17 at 10:50, Michael Meeks wrote:
> Hi Mark / list,
>
> 	I'm considering doing some releases of linc (1.0) / ORBit2 (2.4.0) that
> will be ABI and API stable for the next several years. As such - I'd
> really value any input as to whether we should delay a few days /
> whether there are any critical bugs that need fixing first.

There is some chance that there are dragons yet to be slayed in the
inter-orb world I fear, as weird stuff happens when talking to the Java
ORB.  I would feel more at ease if we waited at least until I can get
advice (from Michael and/or Mark).  Unfortunately we don't have bugs
filed yet since it would seem prudent to have clearer test cases.
However, using at-poke (without disabling sanity checks) with
java-access-bridge, the returned objects fail CORBA_Object_is_a () when
queried for their base type.  Probably a java-access-bridge bug, but we
don't know yet.

thanks

-Bill