Re: [G2R] Re: Various releases ...

Alex Larsson <alexl@redhat.com> writes:
> On 9 May 2002, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> >
> > Michael Meeks <michael@ximian.com> writes:
> > > 	The problem is this: that we bind Unix Domain Sockets, that create
> > > /tmp/orbit-foo/linc-fa239876ad78fb type 'files' in /tmp/orbit-foo, and
> > > that they need cleaning up on program exit.
> >
> > What are the consequences of leaving the old files around?
>
> bash-2.05$ ls /tmp/orbit-alexl/ | wc -l
>    6461

OK, so it's just a clutter issue.

Is there a way to check whether a domain socket still has someone
listening on it? If so, why can't we just sweep the directory every X
minutes and nuke the dead ones, or do that on login/logout?

As an aside, I probably wouldn't have noticed this atexit() handler at
all if it wasn't printing irritating debug spew every time I quit an
app...

Havoc