Re: PortableServer_POA_activate_object_with_id

Hi,

thanks for your quick response.

On Thu, Jun 20, 2002 at 12:17:44AM +0100, Mark McLoughlin wrote:
> 	The ObjectKey is different from the ObjectId. The ObjectId is
> used to find and Object within a POA and an ObjectKey contains the
> information to find a POA within an ORB as well as the ObjectId.
>
> 	Thins of it like the ObjectId is a relative filename and the
> ObjectKey is the full path for the Object.

Ok, I see, but shouldn't there a way to set the ObjectKey, too?
Or shouldn't the ObjectKey be equal to the ObjectId in case of
PortableServer_USER_ID policy?
I ask because I want to use corbaloc to locate an object and for this
I need to set the ObjectKey.

In omniORBpy things works as follows:

orb = CORBA.ORB_init(sys.argv, CORBA.ORB_ID)
inspoa = orb.resolve_initial_references("omniINSPOA")
rootpoa = orb.resolve_initial_references("RootPOA")
servant = Hello()
inspoa.activate_object_with_id("Test123", servant)
print orb.object_to_string(inspoa.servant_to_reference(servant))
inspoa._get_the_POAManager().activate()
rootpoa._get_the_POAManager().activate()

omniINSPOA is a poa with persistent object and user id policies.

So, how can I do this with Orbit2?

Thanks, Marion

--
Marion Schuenemann

FOKUS
Fraunhofer Research Institute for Open Communication Systems

Kaiserin-Augusta-Allee 31
D-10589 Berlin

tel: 3463-7384    room: 2021