Re: ORBit-0.5.17 not working with MICO 2.3.7?

The main problem I have is configuring the cross compile environment with
the "autoconf" etc tools.  The environment gives me no easy way to input a
"$ENV_PREFIX" (eg. --prefix=\$ENV_PREFIX ) for the Xcompile.  Then I
wouldn't be tied to my specific Xcompile environment... and doing an
"install" would work within it also. Then it would pick the specific
install path from the environment and not have the "root" install path in
every Makefile.

The other problem I have is that the configure checks for all kinds of
things that aren't really used (i.e system calls etc).  Making things more
specific to what is actually used would be more friendly to our embedded
target. plus the alternate language support that it checks for doesn't
really work on our embedded target.

I did have some other notes... about problems.

Generally right now, I try to do a "configure" right on the target... then
pull back the things that are too large memory wise and use the target
configuration to compile on my Linux system.  Then, I typically cut and
paste commands for the specific things that fail to compile back into my
Xcompile environment...

I'll admit, I could probably be more elegant about it.   I did look in the
"goat" book last spring, and it didn't seem that ORBit/2 was following its
suggestions for setting up a crosscompile environment friendly
configuration.
I've intended to make some specific suggestions for the Xcompiling.... But
have ended up doing far more work debugging other application specific
problems on a certain Windoze... system that we have to support a CORBA dll
on.

-Dave