CORBA_ORB_shutdown

Hi,

This issue has already been discussed, but I was unable to find any
decent solutions to the problem in the archive. Here it comes again:

What is the _clean_ way of shutting down a CORBA service? It is nothing
new that CORBA_ORB_run blocks. Even some example programs assume code
after this call to be never executed. I thought (and the CORBA spec
says) one can stop a running service by calling CORBA_ORB_shutdown from
a separate thread. Well, this call returns immediately, independent of
the wait_clients flag, but the CORBA_ORB_run call does not return. If a
client tries to access the service after the shutdown call, my program
segfaults. I imagined I could go around this by using the work_pending
and perform_work functions, but they aren't (as of version 0.5.8)
implemented.

There must be a way of cleanly shutting down a service. So, what is it?

--
-Topi-
 << http://ee.oulu.fi/~topiolli >>