Re: ORBit2 2.4 and INS

Hi Roger,

On Wed, 2002-07-24 at 15:29, Roger So wrote:
> I'm trying to write some client with ORBit2 2.4 that uses a naming
> service on a different machine.  With Java SDK 1.4, I can just pass
> "-ORBInitRef NameService=corbaloc:iiop:1.0@server/NameService" to the
> ORB, and everything works; however it doesn't work with my ORBit
> client.  Does this mean that ORBit2 does not support INS?  Although I've
> read the archives and some posts say otherwise...

	It sounds as if the only real problem with this is parsing your
'NameService' thing into some reasonable IOR; I don't know what the
standards for IORs are like these days; the 'iiop:' syntax certainly
looks a lot nicer than a lot of approaches.

	Currently we don't support the NameService tag, we reserved the
--ORBNamingIOR, but currently it's not used.

	Essentially you'll need to a) get a standard IOR for the service and b)
either implement the ORBNamingIOR option, or grab the IOR from a file or
some other method, or your own cmd line argument somehow.

	HTH,