RE: How can I bind the IP address and Port number?

Hallo William,

On 29-Jan-2002 William wrote:

> I am using Orbit in Linux environment, all things came smoothly until I found
> th
> e function CORBA_ORB_init() always selects a random Port to bind. Can we let
> the
> ORbit server always bind a designed port number?
>
> In the same time, because I have two netcards in the server machine and each
> of
> them has its own IP address, I want to know if I can let the server always
> select
>  an IP address designed by me.

ORBit2 has this feature. In CORBA_ORB_init(), you have to pass the arguments
        '-ORBIIOPUSock=X'
        '-ORBIIOPIPName=a.b.c.d'
in the argument list.

> Regards
> William Lu

Regards,
Roland

--
ATecoM GmbH                              Date: 29-Jan-2002
Kaiserstrasse 100                        Time: 11:38:59

E-Mail: Juelich@ATecoM.com
Tel.:   +49-2407-9586-0
Fax.:   +49-2407-9586-901