(CORBA_ORB_init): assertion failed:

hello,
  I am new to ORBit2 .After Compiling ORBit2 when i run test program
echo-server i get Error
"

(process:14415): ** ERROR **: file corba-orb.c: line 114 (CORBA_ORB_init):
assertion failed: (ORBIT_ALIGNOF_CORBA_POINTER > 2)
aborting...
Trace/BPT trap (core dumped)

"
 I am unable to understand the meaning Of the Error.My Platform   Is :

ORBIT2 Version   ORBit2-2.3.98
GLIB version   glib-1.3.12
libIdl Version  libIDL-0.7.2
Linc Version     linc-0.1.10
GCC version      egcs-2.91.66
LIBC             libc-2.1.3.so
Linux Version    Redhat Linux Kernel Version  2.2.14-12

   Please let me  know what i should do to make it working.Also let me
know which is stable version of ORBit2 on which i can do my evaluations.

regards
anil