How do I put orbit-name-server into my startup scripts?

Hi,

Has anyone got orbit-name-server in their startup scripts?

That's what I'm trying to do, but this line:

	loadproc /usr/local/bin/orbit-name-server \
		-ORBIIOPIPv4=1 -ORBIIOPUSock=0 > $IORNAME

blocks, of course.  If I put an '&' at the end of the command, it doesn't
block, but is logically incorrect, because I can start the nameserver more
than once.

Some programs let you specify the -d option, which means the command-line
returns immediately and the program runs as a daemon.

Is there another tool which will start the nameserver as a daemon?

I'm using Linux From Scratch 3.1 and ORBit-0.5.12.  For details of
'loadproc', see http://bim.bsn.com/~adam/temp/functions

Thanks in advance, Adam.