Re: cpp branch: preprocessor stuff

Hey,

On 14 Jan 2002, Murray Cumming wrote:

> On Thu, 2002-01-10 at 13:53, Mark McLoughlin wrote:
> > Hi Murray,
> >
> > On 10 Jan 2002, Murray Cumming wrote:
> >
> > > The ORBit2 cpp branch now output code for test/empty.idl, using
> > > `orbit-idl-2 -lc++'.
> > >
> > > However, it can't handle Bonobo_Unknown.idl unless I remove the
> > > preprocessor code, listed below. If this is stuff that should be
> > > processed before the idl is parsed, then I don't understand why the cpp
> > > idl-compiler handles them differently.
> >
> > 	All idl is passed through a C preprocessor before being parsed
> > by the idl-compiler. You could try figuring what preprocessor you're
> > using and what isn't being handled correctly by it.
>
> "What preprocessor"? There's more than one?

	Whatever libIDL defines as CPP_PROGRAM. All the action happens
in IDL_parse_filename.

> Can you tell me where in the code the input .idl file is processed by
> the preprocessor?
>
> > 	What's the exact error message you're getting?
>
> There's no error message, it just doesn't output code for the idl after
> those preprocessor lines.

	Outputs *nothing* at all? I've tried it out and it works for
me ...

mm130849@cdelab61:temp $> orbit-idl-2 -lc++ -D__Bonobo_Unknown_COMPILATION -I../idl ../idl/Bonobo_Unknown.idl
orbit-idl 2.3.99 compiling
 small mode, show preprocessor errors, passes: stubs skels common headers skel_impl imodule

mm130849@cdelab61:temp $> ls
Bonobo_Unknown-cpp.cc         Bonobo_Unknown-cpp-common.hh Bonobo_Unknown-cpp-skels.cc  Bonobo_Unknown-cpp-stubs.cc
Bonobo_Unknown-cpp-common.cc  Bonobo_Unknown-cpp.hh Bonobo_Unknown-cpp-skels.hh  Bonobo_Unknown-cpp-stubs.hh

Good Luck,
Mark.