orbit-stable fixes (was Re: "any within struct" ORBit decoding problem)

On Thu, Jan 03, 2002 at 01:59:12PM +0000, Mark McLoughlin wrote:

> 	Great catch! And the fix is sound ... I've committed to the
> orbit-stable-0-5 branch.

Hmm, if a new release of orbit stable is being planned, I have one
cosmetic bug, and one (fairly minor) issue to discuss and possibly
fix:

1. Reference: http://bugs.debian.org/122575

   If you type "orbit-idl --help", one of the options it lists is:
   "--skeleton-impl                Don't output headers".
   Obviously, that's not correct, it should be:
   "--skeleton-impl                  Output skeleton implementation"
   (which is what orbit-idl-2 prints).  This should be trivial to
   patch.

2. Reference: http://bugs.debian.org/126187

   There are IDL files in /usr/include/orbit-1.0/ORBitservices/, but
   the FHS says that /usr/include is for C/C++ files only.  I have
   some quibbles with the FHS here (what about ObjectiveC?), but I do
   think that /usr/include is probably not the right place for IDL
   files, and I'd like to know what others think.

--
Chris Waters           |  Pneumonoultra-        osis is too long
xtifr@debian.org       |  microscopicsilico-    to fit into a single