Re: [orbitcpp-list] Re: cpp branch: CORBA_Object struct hidden?

 --- Murray Cumming <murrayc@t-online.de> wrote:
> > If you did inherit CORBA::Object privately from CORBA_Object,
> then
> > the same piece of memory could be used for C and C++ objects.
>
> But the point is Why is this desirable?

I can't suggest any compelling reason.
I think encapsulation is a better way to proceed. In the end, I think
trying to make CORBA_Object and CORBA::Object binary compatible will
break C++ type-safety.

- Vote for your nominees in our online Oscars pool.