Re: orbit2 build, orbit1 work_pending()

Brian,

On Fri, 2002-02-08 at 18:51, Brian Craft wrote:
>   n = 100
>
>   while n:
>     if gtk.events_pending():
>       gtk.mainiteration()
>       n = n - 1
>     else:
>       time.sleep(0.01)

	This will probably process enough X events to render the window on the
screen.

>   print "entering corba loop"
>   poa._get_the_POAManager().activate()
>
>   orb.run()

	And this will ensure that no re-rendering occurs whatsoever, since no X
events will be processed.

> I was thinking this would ensure the gtk event handlers are installed when
> orbit invokes the main loop (since calling _gtk.gtk_init() wasn't doing
> anything).

	Python should be setting the ORB up so that it processes CORBA requests
while in the Gtk mainloop. So simply do.

	gtk.run ()

	And you should get both working; if not, it's a bug - or you need to
call some other init function.

	Please mail the python binding author, and not the list - I don't
believe he reads this with any regularity.