can orbit/corba string support unicode

Hi,
 I wonder how orbit map the corba string (CORBA_char) in c, and how it
implement the CORBA_string_alloc(length).
If I want to implement a method which has a parameter --inout string,
how could I deal with it in chinese or japanese character?
Generally, for eg, one chinese char has 2 byte . So if I have a string
with 2 chinese char, should I use
CORBA_string_alloc(2) or CORBA_string_alloc(4)?

I guess that CORBA_char is char , is that right?
If I  do
 CORBA_char * astr=CORBA_string_alloc(2);
can I
  strcpy(astr, "HI");
then
  Echo_echoString(astr);

Every one is saying that I can find answer in c mapping spec, but
actually c mapping spec has not described  the detail fo one corba
implementation.  It does not say what is the really type of corba_long,
it depends on how orbit implement it.  And it does not say how
translate/co-op the raw c type with the corba type.

Gilbert