Re: REsolving IP address

Hi Ivica,

On Tue, 2002-08-27 at 13:04, Ivica Loncar wrote:
> I've done that and it works now. I have no idea why it didn't work
> when I posted that question.

	:-)

> Mainly orbit 2.4.0 (I need korbit/kioik/something like that for my
> undergrad thesis, but that's an issue I would rather forget :-)

	Heh ;-) sounds fun - you're using the port from SourceForge by the chap
whose name eludes me but contributes fixes back occasionaly ?

> btw. Can someone convince me that ORB in kernel could be usefull?
> (Someone, give me a good reason why would one want that 'cause I've
> lost all my enthusiasm... if it's not appropriate for this list, feel
> free to mail me.)

	Oh - well; my feeling is that the kernel is not useful ;-) the desktop
is what's useful; so perhaps you should do your thesis on Gnome 2.2 ;-)
I've no idea why you'd want CORBA in the kernel - although RPC seems to
be useful for things like NFS; I imagine there are some fun things you
could prototype with it; oh and finally the interface kernel <-> user
space is not so pleasant [ anyone for an ioctl ? ] - perhaps stdized IPC
could help that. No idea though,