Re: Using own mainloop

Hi Bjorn,

On Fri, 2002-03-29 at 11:49, Bjorn Andersson wrote:
> This is probably a FAQ, but I couldn't find the answer anywhere.
> I would like to use ORBit2 with my own mainloop/select(); i.e. get the
> socket that the ORB is listening to, place it in my select(), and
> then call a ORBit function to process the request. Is this possible?

	Hmm; that's probably relatively difficult in fact. Here's how you could
do some hacks to get that effect ( perhaps ) - un-recommended,
unsupported and will prolly break.

	Note - that ORBit2 uses the glib mainloop which will allow you to hook
up any number of your own select / poll things, timeouts idle functions
- the whole works. I would strongly recommend that you use that instead
of inventing your own mainloop - really.

	Anyway - you can get the Connection associated with a CORBA object
reference with ORBit_small_get_connection (CORBA_Object obj); You can
then poke around inside the evil guts of it all; via connection->priv -
but really, really you don't want to do that.

	Consider instead looking at glib/gmain.h, and linc/src/linc-source.c
and see if you can't use that code.