connections

hello,

currently I am implementing an ORB for Mozart-OZ and my question is:
Of course this ORB will be compatible to ORBit ;-)

I would like to know if it a good idea on client side to open/close
connections per request? Personally I would prefer to use one connection
for many requests, but the number of open connections could exceed an
upper limit.

Please, could someone tell me how many connections may keep opened and
how much time is consumed to connect to a socket? (on average)

thanks frank

 Frank Rehberger <frehberg@cs.tu-berlin.de>
 "Global order can arise from local interactions."
 [A.Turing, 1952]
 "when all nodes have reached that [stable] state, the whole
 graph is as dead as a doornail and the diffusing computation
 is defined to have terminated" [E.W.Dijkstra, 1980]