Re: CORBA_any_set_release

Hi Michael,

Thank You for the answer,

On Friday, 28 Sep 2001, Michael Meeks wrote:
>         Doubtless something wrong or random memory corruption. Can you
> post the code fragment that sets up the any ?

Thats what I do:

static CORBA_any *
impl_Graph_GenSimpleGraph(impl_POA_Graph * servant,
      Graph_SGParam * p,
      Graph_ResType * r, CORBA_Environment * ev)
{
   CORBA_any *retval;
   CORBA_boolean b = CORBA_FALSE;
   /*... function implementation here*/

   retval = CORBA_any_alloc();
   retval->_type = (CORBA_TypeCode)TC_boolean;
   retval->_value = &b;

   CORBA_any_set_release(retval, CORBA_TRUE);
   return retval;
}

I've tried to run the server on my Debian, and it worked fine. The problem
occures when I run it on Solaris. I thought that maybe I do something not
"exactly right" and Debian accepts it but Solaris doesn't. The server brakes
in allocators.c while freeing some "magic" memory block.

Thanks again,
Agnieszka