Re: CORBA_any_set_release

On Mon, 24 Sep 2001, Szymanska-Kwiecien Agnieszka 76886 wrote:
> I have a question: My server function returns CORBA_any, but when I
> try to use CORBA_any_set_release(retval, CORBA_TRUE);
>  and then
> return retval;

        If you really want to set release to CORBA_TRUE then the following
must be true:

        The any must be correctly allocated CORBA_any__alloc ();

        The any must contain a correctly referenced typecode and value. It
is best to use the DynamicAny interface to allocate anys.

> my function completes but the release function couses Bus Error and
> the server crushes. Is there any other way to do the release job, or I
> do something wrong?

        Doubtless something wrong or random memory corruption. Can you
post the code fragment that sets up the any ?