Re: [patch] fixes to get ORBit building again on my system

Hi Darin,

On Thu, 13 Sep 2001, Darin Adler wrote:
> I agree, but that requires glib 2. This is ORBit 1, and glib 1. Given
> that misunderstanding, perhaps I should be waiting for review from
> Elliot? You may have reviewed the changes assuming they were for
> ORBit2.

        Doh - sorry for that; looking at ORBit stable we have a load of
alloca handling code in os-feature-alloca.h included via ORBitutil/util.h
which should b included in orb/orbit.h which is included in the generated
headers which are included in the stubs / skels here:

+  fprintf(ci->fh, "#include <alloca.h>\n");
!  fprintf(ci->fh, "#include \"%s.h\"\n\n", ci->base_name);

        So it looks like somehow the os-feature-alloca stuff has got
confused; certainly we don't want to be including alloca.h willy nilly I
think.

> Maybe this is an ORBit2-only list and I need to post the changes
> elsewhere?

        Nope - we deal with all ORBits here.

        The endian, configure and acconfig bits look fine though; please
commit them.

	Thanks,