Re: JacORB & Orbit

On Thu, 2001-10-18 at 03:55, Prashant wrote:
> Hi all
>  But it works only in case of Client & Server on the
> same machine. If Server(JacORB) is on Win 2000 machine
> & Client(Orbit) is on Linux machine, then it won't
> work. What may be the reason. Here I RUN server(jaco
> Server) Copy that IOR & paste it in client to
> RUN(./client <paste that IOR>).
- You are using JacORB as server. Are you using naming service
implementation of JacORB or of ORBit? Have you got one naming service or
by accident two? JacORb-server and ORBit-clients should use the same
naming service.

- What kind of connection does JacORB accept by default? Did you change
this behaviour using parameters?

- I remember that Win-NT did have restrictions for servers, upper bound
of sockets etc. What do you know about Win2000 in this point?

- Did you deactivate ports/services in Win2000 configuration. Are you
behind a firewall?

- Did you decode stringified IOR reference of naming service, what does
it tell you? Do you handover the reference of naming service to clients?

- do you use the following syntax for parameters?
http://orbit-resource.sourceforge.net/faq.html#orbit

Cheers, Frank

 Frank Rehberger <frehberg@cs.tu-berlin.de>
 "Global order can arise from local interactions."
 [A.Turing, 1952]
 "when all nodes have reached that [stable] state, the whole
 graph is as dead as a doornail and the diffusing computation
 is defined to have terminated" [E.W.Dijkstra, 1980]