JacORB & Orbit

Hi all
 I Can able to RUN The JacORB Server & Orbit Client
but without using the Naming Service, that is by using
the Stringified Object Reference. If it works like
this way, then what may be the problem using Naming
Service.
 But it works only in case of Client & Server on the
same machine. If Server(JacORB) is on Win 2000 machine
& Client(Orbit) is on Linux machine, then it won't
work. What may be the reason. Here I RUN server(jaco
Server) Copy that IOR & paste it in client to
RUN(./client <paste that IOR>).

Waiting for your reply.
 Thanks & Regards,
Prashant..