Re: license ambiguity - the license.

--MGYHOYXEY6WxJCY8

Michael Meeks <michael@ximian.com> wrote:
>=20
>         Yes ORBit is LGPL, all of it. Copying probably states otherwise,
> that's a bug though.

I was under the impression that the IDL compiler was GPL and the
run-time libraries are all LGPL. This combination allows ORBit to be
used in commercial applications.

>         ORBit would not be a part of the GNOME project if it was not LGPL,
> there are no licensing gotchas in GNOME core libraries.

There's two parts to ORBit: libIDL and the IDL compiler, which are used
at development time, and the run-time libraries, which are linked
against by applications and used at run time. The run-time libraries are
part of the GNOME core libraries, but the IDL compiler isn't.
--=20
Sam Couter          |   Internet Engineer   |   http://www.topic.com.au/
sam@topic.com.au    |   tSA Consulting      |
OpenPGP key ID:       DE89C75C,  available on key servers

--MGYHOYXEY6WxJCY8

--MGYHOYXEY6WxJCY8--