Reading an ORB ...

Hi jhy,

On Sun, 7 Oct 2001, jhy wrote:
>      Now i am reading the ORBit source code to study the corba. I have
> a question as following:
>      where the servant 's host and port are generated ?
>      who and how to determine the servant's host and port ?

        Ok - I would strongly reccommend reading ORBit2 - that's the first
point, ORBit stable is considerably harder to understand.

        To find out about IOP profiles and how they are created; see

        ORBit2/
                src/
                        orb/
                                orb-core/
                                        iop-profiles.c
                include/
                        all the headers are in a mirror tree here.

        See IOP_marshal_profile, called from corba-object.c
(ORBit_marshal_object).

        As you can see the profiles are generated there with
IOP_generate_profiles.

        Does that help ?