Re: re: server access

Frank Rehberger£¡
     Thank your reply !
     But I still have questions on the host and port information.
In the Corba spec , GIOP specifies that  host and port  are  contained in the IIOP
IOR profile and the agent that can accept the object request and provide the object
location publishs the TCP/IP address in the IOR.The server must listen the connect
request.The client that  needs the object serviece must initiate a connection with the address specified in the IOR, with a connect request.
    So my questions are :
    who is the agent in the ORBit ?
    how the IOR profile is determined before the agent publishs the  IOR ?
>> hi!
>
>JHY!,
>

>>      where the servant 's host and port  are generated ?
>
>ORBit2 creates connections/gates using the linc-lib. Assuming that you
>dont run your server behind a firewall, client and server open sockets
>on arbitrary ports on their host-machine. the server is listening for
>connection-requests and accepts on fresh ports.

       I think the socket address is not arbitrary .Otherwise the client
will connect the socket address which the server is not listning to .So
before the client connects the server , the clinet must know the socket
address which the server is listening .

>>      who and how to determine the servant's host and port ?
>
>Server offer services. If you want to use a service you have to know its
>"profile". A profile contains all data for a specific protocol, that is
>needed to access an object.  If you want to acces an object using INET,
>the profile contains host, port, objectkey (address within server scope)
>and the possible GIOP-protocol. An object might be reachable over
>different transport layers ie. unix-sockets, inet, file-system, etc.
>using different protocols ie. http, giop, etc., each defined by its
>profile.
>
>A set of profiles and a single interface identifier are combined to an
>IOR.
>Those IOR-strings IOR:aabbccddeeff0011223344556677889900  contain
>exactly the above information, marshalled and encoded for
>inet-transport.
>
>Usually the Object-Adaptor manages objects and creates profiles for
>access. But if your server is behind a firewall, it gets more complex as
>the servers host is not reachable directly.

  you mean that the profiles  are created by the POA . is it right ?
what's  relations bettewn the POA and agent?