ORBit-0.5.12 name server IOR doesn't work with multiple machines

Hi People,

I'm having real problems using the Orbit name server over a network.  On one
machine everything works - if I shift the client to a different machine, it
can't find the nameserver.

On the server machine, I type "orbit-name-server > ior"
Also on the server machine, I type "./server -ORBNamingIOR=`cat ior`"

If I run the client on the server machine, "./client -ORBNamingIOR=`cat
ior`", everything works as expected.

If I run the client on a different machine (using a NFS-mounted project
directory), I get:

> ./client -ORBNamingIOR=`cat ior`
> The name server has no object called AdamsEchoServer
> Error is: 2
> Repo ID is: IDL:CORBA/COMM_FAILURE:1.0

The server machine name is in my hosts file.  I can ping it by name.

When I run "ior-decode <ior>", I get:

> Tags known:
> TAG_INTERNET_IOP: 0x0
> TAG_MULTIPLE_COMPONENTS: 0x1
> TAG_ORBIT_SPECIFIC: 0xbadfaeca
>
> Object ID: IDL:omg.org/CosNaming/NamingContext:1.0
> Profile count: 1
>
> Profile type: TAG_ORBIT_SPECIFIC
> Object endian: Little
> IIOP version: 1.0
> Socket path: /tmp/orbit-root/orb-307929418181220621
> IPv6 port: 0
> Object key: "....:0.....>....b..q*}N/"

This looks unhealthy, because there's no host and no port - just a 'socket
path'.  If I do not use the name server, and point the client to the server
by using the server-generated IOR, everything works.

Is there an esoteric orbit-name-server flag I'm missing?  I'm using
ORBit-0.5.12.

Many thanks in advance,

- Adam.