[Newbie] Server Garbage Collection:- Post Client

Please be patient with me, CORBA is turning out to be a steep learning curve
for me.

I have got my basic server to return a large sequence of strings and I have
set the _release to TRUE which has stopped the runaway memory
leakage(Thankyou Michael for that advice) .

I think this is what is happening:-

This runaway leakage was occuring because every time a new sequence was
required, "fresh" memory for the new sequence was allocated by the server
without reusing the "original" memory allocated the first time around. This
meant that the memory leakage went critical very quickly.

By setting the release to TRUE the server now reuses the "original" memory.
However the memory allocated for the sequence doesn't appear to be actually
released, resulting in a slow memory creep as bigger sequences are returned
by the server.

So, how do I get the server to completely release this memory, once the
client has finished with it? (I'm happy to use a client called method to tell
the server that the client is now finished)

claude