Re: Program size is bigger and performance is too slow ?

Hi,

>  I was tested ORBit-mt-0.5.7 version.
>
>    At this point, ORBit-mt version may have and problem.
>    Program size is more bigger and performance is too slower at
>    multithread application execution, but single thread application
>    can't.
>        Why ?
>
>    Can someone tell me solution.

As I already told you in private mail, the multithread test programs of
ORBit-mt are just a quick hack. They constantly create POAs and do not delete
them. So of course the memory gets eaten up. The next version will fix that.
Other than that I haven't found big memory leaks. That doesn't mean, ORBit-mt
has no problems. On the contrary, even though I protected every single
function in ORBit-mt with a global recursive lock, I still experience some
hard to reproduce bugs, as usual with multithreaded applications. But I'll
wait for the new GLib to base ORBit-mt on before fixing them.

Bye,
Sebastian
--
Sebastian Wilhelmi